Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
WHO LOVES HAVING PSORIATIC ARTHRITIS???
Dallasemmitt posted:
This thread is being started for people who have Psoriatic Arthritis. On this form, two of us have discovered that we have the same disease, and would enjoy talking to each other about the "Ups & Downs" of having the illness (is there an up?). PLEASE feel free to weigh in if you have Psoriatic Arthritis, and you will join in the discussion with two people, Kajakat and Dallasemmitt. Each person can tic off the box "Put this on my watchlist and alert me by email to new posts", listed below so that you will know when someone has put a new response on the thread (only if you want, of course).
Kajakat: I was diagnosed in 2000, actually December 31st, 1999, so I knew that it was going to be a fun year. Have you ever heard the saying that "Whatever you are doing at midnight, when the year changes from one year to another, that is what will be your focus for the new year". There began my journey, in 2000, and now it is 2012!WOW!!! In 2000 there was not as much information out about Psoriatic Arthritis and some of my other Doctors (I have other medical issues) had not even heard of the disease before....that did not make me feel good. After a rocky start in 2000, and after trying numerous drugs, I was "lucky" enough to be able to try one of the new Biologic drugs; Enbrel. It was not even on the market yet to all, as my prescription was not even on a Doctors prescription pad. Enbrel was not the drug for me, and after many years of trying, I had to leave and move on to a different Biologic; Humira. Due to having many skin ulcers over my entire body (not all the time luckily), I was not able to take Humira on a steady basis, as you are not permitted to continue your injections if you have any form of infection and the skin ulcers were definitely infected. This was a tough time for me, due to the fact that people did not know what these skin ulcers were, including some doctors. Unfortunately, it was a Physician who said that she thought that I "self-mutilated". Due to peoples ignorance, and because a Doctor made the cruel diagnosis, she was believed, and I constantly had to try to explain to people that I was not contagious and it was not self-mutilation! Looking back on the whole issue, and getting a little more back bone, I would now have let people believe what they wanted, as I have come to the decision that I do NOT have to explain myself anymore!
Glad to meet you Kajakat
Signed, Dallasemmitt

Take the Poll

What do you think Psoriatic Arthritis is?
  • The exact same as Rheumatoid Arthritis
  • Flakes of skin that falls from your head and lands on different j
  • Toes and fingers are sometimes called
vote
View Poll Results

Dallasemmitt responded:
Sorry, but all of the Poll did not come through. Next time the total poll will be printed for you to respond to.
Sincerely, Dallasemmitt

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Thanks for starting this here, Dallasemmitt.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
~Joseph Campbell

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

Every Chronic Pain Patient Needs to READ THIS!!!
There is a group of thirty seven Doctors, Companies. and Researchers that are petitioning the FDA to change the labels on Opiates so that ... More
Was this Helpful?
44 of 49 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.