I'm having sharp pains in upper side of left breast...
tkelly1072 posted:
I am a 40 year old woman who has been in good health most of my life. The past 3 days I have been experiencing these sharp pains in the upper part of my left breast. Before I draw any conclusions about what it may be, or what it could be, I wanted some advice first. It is sore in that spot where the sharp pains are happening. It is not constant, but still painful. Any helpful tips would be great. I am going to make a doc appt, but without health insurance, I am not sure how far I will get. Thanks in advance!

davedsel57 responded:
Hello.

There could be any number of conditions causing the symptoms you are having. Seeing a doctor would be the only way to get an evaluation and treatment. If finances are a problem, search for a free or low-cost clinic in your area. If your symptoms get worse and become acute, then you should go to a local hospital emergency room.

I pray you can get the answers and relief you need soon.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

tkelly1072 replied to davedsel57's response:
Thank you, Dave! I did go to the ER on Saturday night and found out, or what they think I am suffering from, is costochondritis. I am on a med to help with pain and inflammation, and also have to have an ultra sound done as soon as possible on my chest to make sure nothing else is going on in there. Thank you for your concern and your help! It is much appreciated!
~tammysue~