Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Ginger for Arthiritis Pain
    lanaturner posted:
    My wife's hairdresser suffers from Rheumatoid Arthiritis and her husband from Arthiritis. They both swear by fresh ginger (a small piece once a day) for pain management. By taking ginger once a day, after a couple of months they experienced a noticeable decline in pain associated with arthiritis and have stayed on the regimine ever since. Has anyone else experienced this?

davedsel57 responded:
    Hello.

This interests me. I did a Yahoo search for the phrase "ginger for arthritis" and got several hits.

Here is a link to one good article: http://arthritis.about.com/od/gingerroot/a/ginger.htm

You can find more information by searching the internet in the same manner. To be honest, I had never heard about ginger helping arthritis. I'm sure it does not work for all people, but may be worth trying.
    Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Hi Lanaturner,

You may also want to post about this on our Rheumatoid Arthritis community .
    We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
    ~Joseph Campbell

_swank_ responded:
    I used to have a physical therapist from an eastern country. Besides traditional therapy he also did some techniques he learned at home. But one of the things he told me was that ginger had anti-inflammatory qualities and it would help with the minor aches and pains. It didn't help with the major stuff but it did help with the minor arthritis I had in my hands and maybe a couple other things.

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

neck/skull pain
    I have exactly the same pain problem from the sound of it. Does it feel like a hot slicing pain in the neck and an irritated nerve running ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 2 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.