Skip to content
Laughter Really IS the Best Medicine
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
So what makes you laugh? What movies? What kinds of jokes? What friends, situations, etc.?

And what other strategies do you use to cheer yourself up?
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
~Joseph Campbell

davedsel57 responded:
Well, everyone must be in a serious mood with no replies to this yet.

I always try to keep a positive attitude and my sense of humor. Sometimes it is very difficult to do, but I feel it is necessary to survive.

For 'amusement', I used to love going to amusement parks and all the rides, especially the roller coasters. Unfortunately, those days are probably gone forever with me so I am happy to play "Roller Coaster Tycoon 3" on my PC or watch movies and videos of roller coasters. I especially like POV (point-of-view) videos of roller coasters which can be found all over the internet.

I also enjoy watching comedy movies. Just caught "Hair Spray" and recorded it on a recent night when I could not sleep. This is the musical version made in 2007. I like this movie because of all the classic cars (it is set in 1962), the clothes and the hair styles, the music and the theme of the movie which promotes equality and discourages discrimination based on race, body size, or just being different.

Love "America's Funniest Videos" on ABC as well. It's been on for over 20 years and some things are repetitive, but each show is usually quite funny.

Keep doing your research. Keep moving as much as possible. And definitely, Keep a positive attitude.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to davedsel57's response:
I used to enjoy roller coasters a LOT too, Dave!

And I like fun movies and tv shows as well. Used to watch Funniest Home Videos with my sons when they were growing up. I don't like the ones where people fall but toddlers, dogs and cats... I'm there!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
~Joseph Campbell

Lauralizzie01 responded:
love watching my dogs play! particurally with my aunts twelve week old german shephard puppy, hes such a klutz and its so funny to watch!

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to Lauralizzie01's response:
Pets are always entertaining, I agree, Lauralizzie!
~Joseph Campbell

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

how do you live with chronic pain
how do you live with pain everyday More
Was this Helpful?
42 of 64 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.