Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Acupuncture
momico posted:
About a week ago I posted a question if anyone had any good results from acupuncture for herniated disks, stenosis, sciatica.

I guess no one on here has tried it. I am only asking because it is expensive and I would like to hear if anyone has tried it. Hope I can get an answer.

Thanks,
momico

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Momico,

I'm sure that anyone who looks in here who may have experience with this will respond. I'm glad you reposted because it gives others a better chance to spot your post. But it also may be that no one with this experience is currently looking in here. Keep checking back in case anyone responds.

Welcome to WebMD.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
~Joseph Campbell

annette030 responded:
I had acupuncture for chronic pain, it was covered by my insurance. I had no improvement at all. My family practice pcp said in his experience people usually got about three months of relief, then the pain returned.

That was a long time ago.

Take care, Annette

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Every Chronic Pain Patient Needs to READ THIS!!!
There is a group of thirty seven Doctors, Companies. and Researchers that are petitioning the FDA to change the labels on Opiates so that ... More
Was this Helpful?
44 of 49 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.