Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
chronic neck pain
ande123 posted:
I went in to a doctor who told me I have a cyst in my neck. I went under the knife to have it removed and woke up to the doctor saying that he was unable to remove the cyst because it is engrained in the muscle. My options were to take the muscle and cyst out or deal with the pain. Narcotics don't help and I have tried muscle relaxers, heat packs, physical therapy, and other pain meds. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

annette030 responded:
I would get a second surgical opinion, and also see a neurologist for his take on things.

Take care, Annette

ande123 replied to annette030's response:
Thank you annette030, I have seen 2 neurologists who put me on neurontin and some other things. I will check into a second opinion. Thank you again.

annette030 replied to ande123's response:
Best of luck with a surgical second opinion.

What diagnosis did the neurologists give you and what all did they suggest? How did the neurontin work?

Take care, Annette

David Maine, MD responded:
Thank you for your post. I would agree with what others have suggested thus far. I second opinion sounds like a good next step. I hope you are able to find a solution. If you have further questions please let us know. Good luck.

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.