Skip to content
Five Things Chronic Pain Will Never Take Away from Me
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
After reading this great blog entry (and I recommend you clicking on the link here and reading), I'm now wondering how each of you would answer this:

Five (or more) Things Chronic Pain Will Never Take Away from Me:

We talk so much about what chronic pain has taken away from us so I thought we'd turn the tables this week.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
~Joseph Campbell

TDXSP08 responded:
1. My sense of paying it forward for the gifts I've gotten in my life in the past.

2. My sense of duty to intervene when someone else is being treated unfairly.

3. My ability to find common ground with almost anyone.

4. My interest and study of a Great Man , Leader, & President FDR

5. My active participation in Amateur Radio Emergency Service's and furtherance of the hobby.

6. My Life Membership in the American Radio Relay League

7. My National Weather Service Wireless Radio Earth Station that bsends the local weather via radio every 15 minutes unless there is a storm and then it switches to every 5 minutes with 1 month of backup batteries to run the entire station that can be recharged either by generator, solar panels ,or return of the power grid.

8. My love of photography and image exploration.
i have no small step for man, but i have 6 tires for mankind,Watch your Toes!

burningisis responded:
1. My ability to be kind to others no matter what my pain is doing to me

2. My love of dancing, even if I have to dance while seated, I will still dance

3. My sense of humor

4. My joy of the persuit of knowlege

5. My love of animals.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
I really loved reading the responses from both of you. I hope that others here get a lift from this like I do.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
~Joseph Campbell

survivingbackpain responded:

1. Hoping not my family.
2. my faith in God's plan
3. not my sanity, not my life, not my pride, NOT.
4. my sense of fasion.
5. my body.

Anon_160307 replied to survivingbackpain's response:
1. My faith in God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

2. My family (hubby and 6 year old little boy).

3. My ability to be the WORLD to my autistic son!

4. My career (God willing) - even when I can't physically make it to work, I work remotely from home. It is what I struggled through college for and I made it and I don't plan to surrender it easily.

5. My ability to post encouragement, support, and knowledge to help others online struggling every day with a disease that will never leave.

painloopy responded:
1. My faith in God. I try to still do service towards God as much as my body will allow.
2. My humor and love of laughter. As bad as things can get -I try to laugh about as much as possible to keep my heart lightened instead of heavy and depressed.
3. My love of cooking - I can't do as much as I used to but whenever I'm having a good day I try to make something special to celebrate.
4. My love for my family - husband, son, and pets especially
5. My ability to assist others who find themselves recently in the same situation as myself. I try to give as much advice as they will accept so they don't have to go through the mis-understandings and challenges of not knowing what to do like I did.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
It's good to see this discussion continues with more of you adding on to it. Wonderful.
~Joseph Campbell

77grace responded:
Hello Out there,
I just loved reading all of these and its realy encourageing to see quite a bit of positive stuff!!Caprice,you are so right about how it seems we consentrate (sp) or spend alot of time talkng about our pain!(It doe's effect many things in our life!But,here goe's
1.My Love for Jesus Christ !
2.My faith that things can and will get better
3.Gratitude for remembering its "One Day at a Time"
4.My deep Love for people and the willingness to Listen!
5.That I found this site and I am geeting to know some of you,and I'm thankful for all of yo!
I pray that everyone will feel better soon!
Blessings,77grace

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to 77grace's response:
Thanks for joining in, 77grace!
~Joseph Campbell

HappybutHurting replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Five Things Chronic Pain Will Never Take Away from me:
1. Who I really am under pressure/pain.
2. How I treat others when I am feeling the worst pain.
3. My ability to own my life rather than allowing pain to own it.
4. My desire to continue reaching out to others to help/encourage them.
5. The hope/trust I have in my Heavenly Father's wisdom and His ability to continue giving me strength and courage to endure to the end.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to HappybutHurting's response:
Loved your number 2 especially, HappybutHurting, and love your screen name.
~Joseph Campbell

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Every Chronic Pain Patient Needs to READ THIS!!!
There is a group of thirty seven Doctors, Companies. and Researchers that are petitioning the FDA to change the labels on Opiates so that ... More
Was this Helpful?
46 of 51 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.