Skip to content
Curamin
jenjaspetty posted:
I am trying to do research for my father. He has been diagnosed with Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and Antiphospholipid Syndrome. He is taking the medications Coumadin, Plaquenil, and Prednisone. I am curious if any one else has taken a combination of these medications with Curamin. I am wondering if anyone at all has any information about this natural pain reliever. I am trying to help my father find something that will work better for pain management. Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you all.

freedom1960 responded:
I was a chef my whole life, and have never heard of Curamin. I may not be the "all knowing" chef, but are you by any chance talking about "Cumin?" Because it's supposed to have anti-inflammatory qualities. But you're better off with good ol' chemicals, in the form of prednisone and the Plaquenil he's taking. Does he have a problem with blood clots or a high platelet count? I ask because he's on Coumadin, which is a blood thinner and has nothing to do with any Rheumatic diseases as far as I know. I tried Plaquenil and it did me no good. But I then tried methotrexate and Enbrel and it did help. I have RA and gout, along with a bunch of other painful conditions. If the Plaquenil doesn't work, ask the Rheumatologist about biological drugs(Enbrel,Humira,Remicade,etc.) and methotrexate. To have Lupis AND RA? Is he on pain management? Because both are very painful diseases. Is it the Antiphospholipid Syndrome he is taking the Coumadin for to keep his blood thin? Good Luck to your father(and you!)!!!

Rick

jenjaspetty responded:
My father does have a blood clotting disease, that is why he is taking Coumadin. Curamin, however, is a natural pain reliever in the form of a capsule. It can be bought at health food stores, as well as bought on line. I just saw an add in a Health Food Magazine and thought I would try to find out more about it. I was hopping someone would be a little familiar with Curamin. Thank you very much for your response.

gneebean responded:
hi jen-this is what i found on the internet, from 2 different sites: Curamin is an all-natural dietary supplement. It is a powerful formulation of: Curcumin, curcuminoids, dl phenylananine, Boswellia and Nattokinase. Curamin enhances the body?s natural defense mechanisms for the relief of inflammation and pain due to overuse.* 90% of satisfied customers experience relief in 45 minutes Ask for Curamin at your local health food store or independent pharmacy that's all it said, hope this helps! and:Serving Size 2 Capsules

Proprietary EP612 Complex ?. 1005mg (Curcumin, Curcuminoid, Boswellia, DLPA(dl-phenylalanine), Nattokinase)

Other Ingredients: Magnesium Stearate, Gelatin Capsules

Does not contain any preservatives, chemicals or allergens except for the food grade ingredients listed.

jeanne

jenjaspetty responded:
Thanks for all the help!!

Jen

SocializedMedicineIsAFailure responded:
We tried it for my wife's chronic pain, and it didn't work. However, probably worth trying at least. I believe you can return it if it doesn't work - ask when you buy it. I also saw you can get samples at their website, curamin.com. In sum, didn't work for us, but like a lot of herbals, might be worth a shot

annette030 responded:
I went to the site you mentioned, there were no research abstracts that I could find, only testimonials from satisfied customers and the guy who is trying to sell it.

I want to see randomized, double blind studies that show something might help. Herbals are big business now, the companies make millions, they can do studies if they want to.

Thanks anyway.

Take care, Annette

trishjai1 responded:
Hi. I have the same diagnosis as your father. I have lived with this for 20 years. I have found acupuncture, an anti-inflammatory diet (drweil.com) vitamins,(b12,folate,Vit D,C,fish oil) to be very helpful. I just started on Curamin and have had great results. I should add that I have severe arthritis of the spine.( So bad that I almost needed "emergency surgery" last Dec., on my neck.)Also have pulmonary hypertension from having had so many blood clots before the docs were able to diagnose my clotting problem. I am not certain if Curamin interferes with Coumadin but best to check with your father's doctor. My doctors are very in tune with my views on vitamins and coumadin. The doctors just ask that I be very consistent with the use of supplements. Keep trying and never give up hope. Blessings to you.

grendelpoodle responded:
Perhaps surprisingy, my vet prescribed curamin for my aging dog, who, because of liver problems, cannot take nsaids for pain and must rely on something natural. Taken in the morning and at night with food, she is much more active now. It was like flipping a switch. To combat arthritic pain, my husband started to take it, and reports that he has greatly decreased pain in the affected joints.

Emlyn2 responded:
I have just had my knee scoped and the anti-inflammatory they gave me my body was not working with well. I take only compound hormones and supplements. I am a senior citizen. The first night I had to resort to the drugs~~the Curamin was only able to cut the pain about half. Two days after the operation I stopped the drugs and am now taking 2 caplets of Curamin three times a day with meals, and it is taking care of any pain including arthritis which I still have after the scoping. Ask the folks that say it works how much they are taking and how they are taking it. These issues matter. My head and body are happy with my results!

rarmit responded:
Jen I can't comment on your Dad's prescription combo, but I can tell you about my recent success with Curamin. I've experienced Chronic Lower Back pain for over 10yrs. I currently "manage" the pain by taking Motrin 800mg and Ultram ER 300mg. While on recent travel I stopped by a health food store, the sales assistant recommended "Curamin by Terry Naturally". I've been supplementing with Curamin for less than a week and already I notice a great difference, so much so that I've begun reducing my prescriptions. Hopefully this helps. You might consider contacting the Terry Naturally provider and asking about your Dad's prescription. Ask his doctor, you might also ask his pharmacy as they should have drug interaction databases available to them.

CBarton29 replied to grendelpoodle's response:
how do u give it to your dog? I have an 11 pound schnoodle that just had surgery and she won't put any weight on her leg. She hates it when I give her physical therapy which is moving that leg in circles like riding a bike. I take Curamin myself. Should i place whole capsule down her throat? or sprinkle on food (will it taste bad and spicy)?

davedsel57 replied to CBarton29's response:
Hello.

Just an FYI, this post is 5 years old. The person to whom you are replying posted 3 years ago.

You should call your vet about this. Our pets need their own medication in doses specific for them. If you are thinking of giving your dog your own medication, that could prove fatal for your pet. Again, contact you vet about this.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

RebeccaAnne responded:
I have a good friend, who is 70 years old. She has suffered from chronic, very significant pain for years. She started taking Curamin a month ago and says her live has improved markedly! She no longer takes one of her perceptions for pain.

anonymous responded:
Hi Jenjaspetty,
I have been taking Curamin for a couple years. It is a great joint lubricant. However, I don't think it is strong enough for RA. Good luck and all my best to you and your father.

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

Every Chronic Pain Patient Needs to READ THIS!!!
There is a group of thirty seven Doctors, Companies. and Researchers that are petitioning the FDA to change the labels on Opiates so that ... More
Was this Helpful?
45 of 50 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.