Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up

Includes Expert Content
Plantar Fasciitis and arch problems.
omgitsarpg posted:
I've had Plantar Fasciitis for almost a year now. When my doctor diagnosed me with it I had high arches in both my right and my left feet. Today I did the wet foot test and my right foot's arch is a "neutral" arch. my left's is the same as it was a year ago.

Is my right foot's arch collapsed/collapsing? could that be part of what caused my Plantar fasciitis?
omgitsarpg responded:
sorry if this was posted in the wrong section
Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Omgitsarpg,

This board is fine but it may take a while to get responses so keep checking back. Our experts will be on the board again next week.

Have you asked your doctor about this?
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
~Joseph Campbell
annette030 responded:
I don't know the answer to this question, perhaps your doctor or podiatrist knows.....?

What kind of symptoms are you having now?

Take care, Annette
David Maine, MD responded:
Thank you for your post. Anatomic variation can potentially predispose one to foot problems including plantar fasciitis. Plantar fasciitis can often be treated with conservative measures including arch support, ice, dorsi-flexion splints, and NSAIDS. I would discuss with a foot specialist - either a podiatrist or an orthopedic foot and ankle specialist. I hope that helps. Good luck.
SD0101 responded:
I had PF in both feet for about 1 1/2 yrs until #1-I got a lot of rest off my feet(broken ankle) and #2-I started doing heel dips per the advice of my orthopedic surgeon(stand on a lower step, balance on your toes or ball of foot, then let heels down as far as possible and hold). Do this several times in a row! I do this about every other day at the gym and have had no problems in the last year. However, I also had lots of phy therapy on my ankle and they did some work on scare tissue on bottom of that foot as well(talk about painful!!!). Ask your Dr for a phy therapy recommendation, it might do the trick!

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

RSD and Dealing with the crap
I have found that 8 hours of sleep will not happen. Instead I sleep in 2-3 hour shifts. If the sheets hurt, uncover from the bottom of ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 5 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.