Pain and tingling at pain pump site
caspertab posted:
I have intercostal nerve and chest wall damage. I had a Spinal Cord Stimulator implanted in 2004 and a pain pump in 2007. I have Morphine and Bupivicaine in the pump. Feb. 2012 I suddenly developed pain and tingling at my pump site and the tingling at times would travel down my left leg. Weakness occured and I began falling. The dr. removed the Bupivicaine thinking maybe that was the problem. The pain increased and even increasing the Morphine, I wasn't getting pain relief. He reintroduced the Bupivicaine at a lower dose and has been increasing it. I am still having the pain and he just started me on Gralise which is a time released Neurontin. I am sensitive to many medications and in 2004 could only tolerate 600mg of Neurontin. I started slowly and am up to 1,800mg. now. I guess being time released I am tolerating it better. I'm still having the pain, but not so many episodes a day. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what helped you? My dr. tells me he has never had a patient with this complaint.