Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pain and tingling at pain pump site
caspertab posted:
I have intercostal nerve and chest wall damage. I had a Spinal Cord Stimulator implanted in 2004 and a pain pump in 2007. I have Morphine and Bupivicaine in the pump. Feb. 2012 I suddenly developed pain and tingling at my pump site and the tingling at times would travel down my left leg. Weakness occured and I began falling. The dr. removed the Bupivicaine thinking maybe that was the problem. The pain increased and even increasing the Morphine, I wasn't getting pain relief. He reintroduced the Bupivicaine at a lower dose and has been increasing it. I am still having the pain and he just started me on Gralise which is a time released Neurontin. I am sensitive to many medications and in 2004 could only tolerate 600mg of Neurontin. I started slowly and am up to 1,800mg. now. I guess being time released I am tolerating it better. I'm still having the pain, but not so many episodes a day. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what helped you? My dr. tells me he has never had a patient with this complaint.

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

TylenolExpert
Overdoses from acetaminophen send thousands of people to the emergency room in the U.S. each year according the Centers for Disease Control ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.