Skip to content
RE: My Son-in-Law that Died
meaningfulc1952 posted:
Hi there,
Thanks for the messages that you all have posted. My son in law did not commit suicide. This was an accidental drug overdose that killed him. I do know that he should have known better than to mix so many different meds together and from what I also know that night he did drink some alcohol drinks. Not sure exactly what though.

It is still very upsetting for my daughter to go thru this since it is a constant reminder since it was the day after her 40th b'day that he was found.

She has found a grief support group but that was where she used to live. Now she lives in another city and has not found a grief support group there. I do hope that she will find someone to talk to or find a group.

I hope that this clears a few things up. Perhaps he meant to end his life, but I don't know.

meaningfulc1952

77grace responded:
Hi,
I'm glad you got back to us!!!I thing I know somewhat what you are both going through!At a young age I had my first Boyfriend die from an accidental overdose<I remember the pain I went through,it was horrific!
If your daughter can't find a support group in her area she can find one Online!
God Bless Both of You, 77grace

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

TylenolExpert
Overdoses from acetaminophen send thousands of people to the emergency room in the U.S. each year according the Centers for Disease Control ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.