Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Charity1234
Redsilk56 posted:
Have you had a complete blood wrk up. Some of what you have going on inthe pain department sounds like diabetic problems.

charity1234 responded:
Yes I have been tested for absolutely everything under the sun and it still always comes up the same.Increased white blood cells and elevated platelets.

I need to figure out what is going on I am beyond frustrated at this point five years of feeling this way and no clue as to why..

Do you have any other suggestions for me?

Thank you so much for your reply...

Take care, Charity

annette030 replied to charity1234's response:
Whether those elevations are even important depends on how high they are. What does your doctor say about them?

Take care, Annette

charity1234 replied to annette030's response:
that the numbers are high and no one can figure out why. They just say that my body is fighting itself all the time.

So they do think it is an autoimmune problem.

Take care, Annette

charity1234 replied to annette030's response:
yes they do but what they dont know... They keep saying whatever it is its rare and they haven't seen it before but where do I go from here?

Charity

Have you seen a rheumatologist? They deal with RA and some other auto-immune type illnesses. One might put new eyes on the problem.

Take care, Annette

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

Joe P
While sitting or lying in the fetal position I have very little pain, but standing and walking I have severe pain from my left upper ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.