Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Good Things
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
Everyone who is here is here because they're dealing with pain and so, naturally, most discussions here involve all aspects of pain, its treatments, issues with medication, etc.

Even on the worst days there are good things in our lives and sometimes all it takes is looking around and noticing for us to be reminded. What good things are in your life this week?
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
~Joseph Campbell

HighnLoLita responded:
Hello Caprice. Thanks for reminding me that I should count my blessings today. Yesterday my 4 y/o grandson started preschool and we are all very excited for him. Also I am happy that I had my pain shot in my neck so no numbing tingling hands and hopefully no muscle spasms in my neck for a couple of weeks at least...Im also happy that I have a roof over my head, food in my cupboards and fridge. I even have my favorite rocky road ice cream calling my name lol. I am also grateful that my home health aide came back from a two month leave so my house is nice, neat and clean...

Again thanks for the topic, I agree that it is always a great idea to think about the good things in our lives. Hope you are having a lovely day...Lita
You always smile but in your eyes your
sorrow shows....William Peter Horn

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to HighnLoLita's response:
Thank you for joining in on this, Lita. I've been reading your posts and am glad that despite it all, you have good things in your life. (And aren't grandchildren the best?! My oldest granddaughter just started Kindergarten yesterday.)

Yay for ice cream!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
~Joseph Campbell

HighnLoLita replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Omgosh no, I couldn't ignore this thread, I really needed that yesterday. Later on I got some concerning news. There is increased density in my right lung, they reccomend an CT scan. We are hoping it is just an infection. My CT scan is scedualed for Monday then it take 24 hours to get the result so, It's going to drive me nuts until then. Yeha the ice cream really helped me cope yesterday. Today is a different story

Yes grand children are the best. I am still trying to get used to Mothering but, Grandparenting comes naturally Yay for your Grand daughters first day at kindergarden, I hope she likes it like DJ does...
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. - Maya Angelou.

Let us know what they find out from the CT. In the meantime, keep talking here on the board if it helps get you through the weekend.
~Joseph Campbell

I spent the day with my Grandma and we picked up my gson from school so, today was mentally good.. After my CT on Monday, I have enough time to make it to Grandparents day so we are looking forward to participating of course.. I'm not doing anything this weekend so, yea most likely I will need the board. Thanks for reminding me that I have ya'll to come to if I need to.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. - Maya Angelou.

How did the CT scan go?
~Joseph Campbell

Goodmorning Caprice. The CT went well, very easy. And no cancer Scar tissue and a infection in my lymph nodes. She is going to give me some different antibiotcs and we will keep an eye on it. No cancer is another blessing to count...

Thank you for your concern. And I hope you are well and having a great day. Lita

Wonderful to hear, Lita!

I hope the antibiotics do the trick.
~Joseph Campbell

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.