Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

tinamarie posted:
help, just moved to maine from fla, need a pain management
docter that perscribes 30s was on 240 a month for 7 years had 20plus surgies due to a accident,all i can get is 2 15 mill. aday
annette030 responded:
Sorry you cannot get what you feel you need. I assume you mean oxycodone, but I am not sure.

You probably won't find a doctor that loose with RXs where you are. I would think twice about how you present yourself to the doctor.

Take care, Annette
77grace responded:
Hi tinamarie,
Annette must understand your post ,I don't,you are safe here!As far as I know anyway!
As far as telling you where to go I don't think any of us would know!!!You will have to ask around and check out Dr.s or Pain Management places and hopefully you have some records to show!
Speaking of that ,What are your pain issues??
Best of luck,77grace
peskypain responded:
If these are 30mg Oxycodones short 8 a Annette will not find many Drs. who will prescribe that for you.

Most everyone with chronic pain moves to a long acting medication and then perhaps a short acting med for breakthrough pain as needed.

Many states are changing their laws/regulations on not just who can prescribe controlled substances long term...but they have to answer to the state/DEA the exact reasons why and why they aren't moving someone to long term medication.

I can't imagine it was Oxycontin as I don't know any Dr. who would prescribe those 8 times a day. The max dosing is 3 which is already off label from the 2 from the manufacturer.

Being on a short acting medication long term just keeps you chasing the pain every 4-6 hours.... may be able to find another Dr. and a PM Dr. if you choose...but you need to be open to another way of treatment. As well as using many other modalities that are non medicinal as well.

No one should soley rely on an opiate for their pain..

I do wish you luck..
77grace replied to peskypain's response:
Hi peskypain,
Are you also a Nurse like Annette??Both of you understood the abreviations in the post better than me!I agree if it was 30mg of Oxycodones short ating ,I can't imagine it at * a day!!But like you said I am on long acting medication and then break through!
Anyway,Thanks for the info!
77grace responded:
Hi tinamarie,
I already posted to you as well as others but have'nt heard from you,so I hope everything is better or at least you are making headway finding a Dr. of Pain management !Do you have good records???I mean updated and stuff!
Anyway .Good luck and I hope you feel Better soon!Chronic pain is a real drag!

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

I live in Arizona
If you drive in Arizona you can goto jail for DUI for any meds in your system, There are no buses where I live. I guess I will just sit ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 14 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.