Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
pain
tinamarie posted:
help, just moved to maine from fla, need a pain management
docter that perscribes 30s was on 240 a month for 7 years had 20plus surgies due to a accident,all i can get is 2 15 mill. aday

annette030 responded:
Sorry you cannot get what you feel you need. I assume you mean oxycodone, but I am not sure.

You probably won't find a doctor that loose with RXs where you are. I would think twice about how you present yourself to the doctor.

Take care, Annette

77grace responded:
Hi tinamarie,
Annette must understand your post ,I don't,you are safe here!As far as I know anyway!
As far as telling you where to go I don't think any of us would know!!!You will have to ask around and check out Dr.s or Pain Management places and hopefully you have some records to show!
Speaking of that ,What are your pain issues??
Best of luck,77grace

peskypain responded:
If these are 30mg Oxycodones short acting...at 8 a day....as Annette stated...you will not find many Drs. who will prescribe that for you.

Most everyone with chronic pain moves to a long acting medication and then perhaps a short acting med for breakthrough pain as needed.

Many states are changing their laws/regulations on not just who can prescribe controlled substances long term...but they have to answer to the state/DEA the exact reasons why and why they aren't moving someone to long term medication.

I can't imagine it was Oxycontin as I don't know any Dr. who would prescribe those 8 times a day. The max dosing is 3 which is already off label from the 2 from the manufacturer.

Being on a short acting medication long term just keeps you chasing the pain every 4-6 hours....

So...you may be able to find another Dr. and a PM Dr. if you choose...but you need to be open to another way of treatment. As well as using many other modalities that are non medicinal as well.

No one should soley rely on an opiate for their pain..

I do wish you luck..

77grace replied to peskypain's response:
Hi peskypain,
Are you also a Nurse like Annette??Both of you understood the abreviations in the post better than me!I agree if it was 30mg of Oxycodones short ating ,I can't imagine it at * a day!!But like you said I am on long acting medication and then break through!
Anyway,Thanks for the info!
77grace

77grace responded:
Hi tinamarie,
I already posted to you as well as others but have'nt heard from you,so I hope everything is better or at least you are making headway finding a Dr. of Pain management !Do you have good records???I mean updated and stuff!
Anyway .Good luck and I hope you feel Better soon!Chronic pain is a real drag!
Blessings,77grace

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

tramodol
have taken tramadol several times...i have seen no benefits to this med...extremely weak pain med More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.