Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

ARE YOU SAT. with your pain control?
edc99353 posted:
position your congressman

Take the Poll

  • YES
  • NO
View Poll Results
annette030 responded:
What does "position your congressman" mean?

Take care, Annette
subzero responded:
So far I've been on some very strong drugs for pain management. It got to the point that I could not eat sleep or even walk. then I had to ask my doctor to get me out of this madness. after a month in rehab the doctors put me on suboxone. It has helped my pain and the rest of my life in more ways then you could imagine. But now my doctors are telling me that the DEA and FDA are trying to change the laws over the way that they treat their patients.If the laws change and doctors are not allowed to perscribe subutex or suboxone where will that leave people who need these drugs to live a normal life? Its bad enough that most people belive suboxone is only for drug addicts and that it's not for pain,but now congress wants to get involved. If they would open a book and read the first line about the drug buprenorphine,It says a pain killer or analgesic.But because it has become a drug sold on the streets they want to stop doctors from treating people with it.So now I'm waiting to hear from a congressman if my life has to go back to a full aganist drug like kaidian (morphine sulphate) which costs more and caused me to write this response.So the question was "Are you ok with your pain control? yes if they just let doctors do their jobs. No,if a congressman is going to dictate to the to the doctors. Thanks for reading this...subzero aka pete
annette030 replied to subzero's response:
I think you meant to write "petition" rather than "position"???

I am on methadone for chronic pain, and many, many (about 40) years ago I worked as an RN at a methadone clinic for heroin addicts. I get the discussion, thanks.

Take care, Annette
ctbeth replied to subzero's response:
You can get Morphine Sulfate long acting as a generic; Kadian is just a brand name.

I would think that Suboxone is far-more expensive than generic MS Contin (long acting)

Is there any particular reason that you do not want to take a pure agonist? If so, I am curious as to why. You said, "...have to go back to a full agonist drug".

There are other opiates besides MSC, if that caused you problems.

Good luck with that.

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.