Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    ARE YOU SAT. with your pain control?
    edc99353 posted:
    YES OR NO!
    position your congressman

    Take the Poll

    • YES
    • NO
    View Poll Results
    annette030 responded:
    What does "position your congressman" mean?

    Take care, Annette
    subzero responded:
    So far I've been on some very strong drugs for pain management. It got to the point that I could not eat sleep or even walk. then I had to ask my doctor to get me out of this madness. after a month in rehab the doctors put me on suboxone. It has helped my pain and the rest of my life in more ways then you could imagine. But now my doctors are telling me that the DEA and FDA are trying to change the laws over the way that they treat their patients.If the laws change and doctors are not allowed to perscribe subutex or suboxone where will that leave people who need these drugs to live a normal life? Its bad enough that most people belive suboxone is only for drug addicts and that it's not for pain,but now congress wants to get involved. If they would open a book and read the first line about the drug buprenorphine,It says a pain killer or analgesic.But because it has become a drug sold on the streets they want to stop doctors from treating people with it.So now I'm waiting to hear from a congressman if my life has to go back to a full aganist drug like kaidian (morphine sulphate) which costs more and caused me to write this response.So the question was "Are you ok with your pain control? yes if they just let doctors do their jobs. No,if a congressman is going to dictate to the to the doctors. Thanks for reading this...subzero aka pete
    annette030 replied to subzero's response:
    I think you meant to write "petition" rather than "position"???

    I am on methadone for chronic pain, and many, many (about 40) years ago I worked as an RN at a methadone clinic for heroin addicts. I get the discussion, thanks.

    Take care, Annette
    ctbeth replied to subzero's response:
    You can get Morphine Sulfate long acting as a generic; Kadian is just a brand name.

    I would think that Suboxone is far-more expensive than generic MS Contin (long acting)

    Is there any particular reason that you do not want to take a pure agonist? If so, I am curious as to why. You said, "...have to go back to a full agonist drug".

    There are other opiates besides MSC, if that caused you problems.

    Good luck with that.

    Featuring Experts

    Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

    Helpful Tips

    neck/skull pain
    I have exactly the same pain problem from the sound of it. Does it feel like a hot slicing pain in the neck and an irritated nerve running ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 2 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.