Skip to content
Suffering silenlty.....
dawnssuffering posted:
I should add that I have had many treatments that have assisted in reducing my pain, mainly the steriod injections. They are $2,200.00 a pop tho and they want $500 down.....so not an option. I go to the Free Clinic which will not give out any pain meds stronger than Tramadol, I am on Cymbalta, Mobic, Serequel, and Carbidopa/Levidopa for my RLS and allowed 2-50mg Tramadol a day for pain. Thanks to my titanium rods and screws in my back they can no longer see much of anything around them because the metal distorts the images. I have DDD so the disks above and below my fusion are thinning. I have constant pulling down my left leg, even my toes are starting to curl ever so slightly on my left foot. If I do too much I can drop just walking slowly....it is so embarrassing. I am a strong woman with a high pain threshold but its beating me down. What can I do? God I need some help. I am appealing Social Security and have no income or insurance, I am staying with family. This is not me, I have never not worked before. I have no hope anymore

davedsel57 responded:
Hello. I am sorry to read of your pain and fully understand.

Have you applied for Medicaid? How about food stamps and public assistance? Have you looked into free/low-cost health insurance offered by your state? Desperate times call for desperate measures, and these programs may be able to help you in all areas.

I hope you find answers and relief soon.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

dewyann replied to davedsel57's response:
I wish I could take Aspirin. It messes with my platelets and I can't take that, Aleve, Ibuprofen or any other kinds of medicines. Just Tylenol.

dawnssuffering replied to davedsel57's response:
Dave, I live in Wisconsin so there is nothing for an adult without kids. They have an alternative program that I signed up for....however I am 118,000 on the list. Medicaid takes 2 years...I am trying for disability however u have to wait 2 yrs before your medical kicks in. I just dont know where to turn, this is no way to live. Ty tho

dawnssuffering replied to dewyann's response:
I have to take what I can afford however it is eating up my stomach. This is not a good situation. I am just stuck and miserable. Ty for replying.

An_244127 replied to dawnssuffering's response:
Hello, I am sorry to hear of your current problems, but I wanted to tell you I also live in Wisconsin and while I was appealing my disability and had no income myself, I was able to get health insurance from the state. I also have no kids, so it is possible. I believe you need to check into the Badgercare plans and don't give up, there is help out there for you. Good Luck to you.

annette030 replied to dawnssuffering's response:
Dawnssuffering,

The only positive thing I have to tell you is that the Medicare goes two years after your date of disability is determined and approved by SSDI. So, if you are approved for SSDI, and it is long enough ago, you might also get Medicare right away. I was approved for SSDI 14 months after I applied, and they set my date of disability back six months earlier than I requested it. So, I was eligible for Medicare within 4-5 months. I had medical insurance through my husband's employer at that time, but it was sure good to know it was available.

It is my personal thought that the government hopes we will all die off before we can get Medicare. What a dumb rule!!!

Take care, Annette

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

tramodol
have taken tramadol several times...i have seen no benefits to this med...extremely weak pain med More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.