Skip to content
Pain meds with 3 tears L4-L6 and DDD
An_248377 posted:
I have 3 tears and degenerative disc disease along with arthritis in my hips. I also have anemia and platelet disorder so I can't take NSAID's unless I want to look like I have been beaten because I bruise at the slightest thing. To get to my question, what is available for me for pain meds? I am taking Vicodin and my doctor make me feel like I am faking the pain and only gives me #30 and when I ask for more after 2 1/2 months it's like pulling my eye teeth. She's see my MRI and said that if she didn't know I was 46 she would have thought I was looking at the back of a 60 year old. I'm in a catch 22, I hurt and Tylenol doesn't do a darn thing. So what am I supposed to take? Am I taking to much Vicodin? I've had 3 steroid injections and tried the TENS machine with little to no relief.

davedsel57 responded:
Hello.

I have a long history of chronic pain, plus a history of blood clots in my left leg and lung. I am taking a prescription anticoagulant (warfarin) and will be for the rest of my life. I have found fairly good pain management with enteric coated aspirin. It dissolves in the intestine (not the stomach) and does not affect the results of my periodic blood tests (PT/INR). That may be something for you to discuss with your doctor.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

annette030 responded:
You could also try tramadol. I found it was as good as about 1 vicodin myself. We are all different though.

Talk to your doctor about it.

Take care, Annette

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Sleepy
I have been on the same pain medication with no change and all of the sudden I can't stay awake and am losing weight. Has anyone else had ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 13 found this helpful