Skip to content
inneed posted:
have a really bad back and now i have ptsd because i was home when my dad was shot 5 times. I have done the cortizone shots and everything. I was on oxycodone and xanax. My doctor has left. Does anyone know a good doctor that is not so scared of the DEA? I can not even get out of bed. I live in Indiana. Any advice whould really help.
Thanks Emily
annette030 responded:
Hi, Emily. I am so sorry for your loss.

Why do you ask for a doctor who is not scared of the DEA? That is not a good measurement of a "good" doctor.

Why can't you get out of bed? Please remember that a good doctor must justify his decision to use opiates and benzos. They are no longer suggested to be used together bad interactions can happen.

We cannot post the names and contact information for doctors here, you must provide an email address and do it one on one. I live in Oregon and don't know any doctors in your area.

Take care, Annette
dfromspencer responded:
Hi, Emily

My mother was killed by my step father when i was still young, 17. I know how horrible that feels. I am so sorry for your loss!

Surely you must have a family Dr.? You could ask him for refferences? If not, then you could ask your local hospital. Or, like so many here have done before, google Pain Management Doctors, in your area.

I have to go along with what Annette says, not a good way to pick a Dr., especially a pain management one. Try one of the ways i mentioned, and good luck.

Take care, Dennis

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Gall bladder
Two years ago. I was experiencing a piercing pain dead center of the chest .it was like someone was taking their finger and pressing ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.