Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up

inneed posted:
have a really bad back and now i have ptsd because i was home when my dad was shot 5 times. I have done the cortizone shots and everything. I was on oxycodone and xanax. My doctor has left. Does anyone know a good doctor that is not so scared of the DEA? I can not even get out of bed. I live in Indiana. Any advice whould really help.
Thanks Emily
annette030 responded:
Hi, Emily. I am so sorry for your loss.

Why do you ask for a doctor who is not scared of the DEA? That is not a good measurement of a "good" doctor.

Why can't you get out of bed? Please remember that a good doctor must justify his decision to use opiates and benzos. They are no longer suggested to be used together bad interactions can happen.

We cannot post the names and contact information for doctors here, you must provide an email address and do it one on one. I live in Oregon and don't know any doctors in your area.

Take care, Annette
dfromspencer responded:
Hi, Emily

My mother was killed by my step father when i was still young, 17. I know how horrible that feels. I am so sorry for your loss!

Surely you must have a family Dr.? You could ask him for refferences? If not, then you could ask your local hospital. Or, like so many here have done before, google Pain Management Doctors, in your area.

I have to go along with what Annette says, not a good way to pick a Dr., especially a pain management one. Try one of the ways i mentioned, and good luck.

Take care, Dennis

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

If you still need help
Ive noticed that this was posted over a year ago. If you still need help: there is a large possibility that you may be depressed. I would ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 5 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.