Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
October is Physical Therapy Month
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
Have you tried Physical Therapy for your own pain conditions? Has it helped? What other methods, such as massage, acupuncture, and/or chiropractic manipulation have you tried? What has helped, what hasn't?
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
~Joseph Campbell

davedsel57 responded:
Years ago - at least 20 - I tried prolotherapy. This is injections of a saline based solution into the affected ligaments/tendons in the back. The premise is that they will become inflamed and then heal. Only got temporary results and had to get injections every few months. Gave up after the 3rd or 4th try.

I tried about 12 sessions of physical therapy in a pool over this past summer. At first, it was helping then my pain levels increased.

I continue to rely on a chiropractic adjustment about once per month.

Our hot tub helps, as well as our sleep number bed. Two very good investments.

I also love my La-Z-Boy recliner.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to davedsel57's response:
Thanks Dave,

It's good to hear you continue to try various things. We never know what may end up working for us. Yay for your La-Z-Boy!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
~Joseph Campbell

77grace responded:
Hi Caprice,
I am doing physical therapy right now!But ,I have missed a couple of app.beacause of terrible migraines!I do think it helps!Mostly for me so far that is helping is the exercise she gives me and tha hands on body work too~
I am also getting some Massages every other week because my pain and muscel spasam are really terrible!
My Therapist is very nice and i beleive she really cares!
77grace

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to 77grace's response:
Hi Grace,

I hope the PT and massage continues to help AND that those migraines ease up for you. (((hugs)))
~Joseph Campbell

betsey2u replied to davedsel57's response:
ok I seriously need a lazy boy lol. I read alot of prolotherherapy and they are like it is the end of all pain,..etc. Very enticing!

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

tramodol
have taken tramadol several times...i have seen no benefits to this med...extremely weak pain med More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.