Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Pain Management
    s1048jf2 posted:
    My girlfriend is having sharp pain bellow her right armpit but above her stomach. She says it feels like the pain is behind her bones. She has taken pain medication but that doesn't work. Anyone have any suggestions to ease the pain?
    davedsel57 responded:

    First, your girlfriend must get a diagnosis from a doctor. She should start with her primary doctor and see if a specialist is needed. An MRI or CT scan of the area will be needed.

    After the diagnosis, the doctor can then suggest what treatment(s) would work.

    I am not a doctor, but these symptoms are similar to the ones I had before my gall bladder was removed in 2000. There could be any number of conditions causing these symptoms so she must see her doctor asap.

    I hope she can get answers and relief soon.
    Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.


    annette030 replied to davedsel57's response:
    I agree with Dave, she needs to see her own pcp and get a diagnosis first thing. That will lead to effective treatment.

    Take care, Annette

    Featuring Experts

    Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

    Helpful Tips

    Judging people with or without chronic pain
    I try not to judge people by anything they do if they aren't hurting themselves or someone else. Unfortunately, I know that I've been judge ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 8 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.