Skip to content
More (NEW) News on Steroid Shots
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
Steroid injections to the spine were widely considered to be safe before being linked to an outbreak of fungal meningitis that by mid-week had killed 24 people in 17 states.

But a study out today raises new concerns about the injections that are used to treat millions of back pain sufferers every year -- and it has nothing to do with the tainted steroids blamed for the meningitis outbreak.

Spine Injections May Raise Fracture Risk
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
~Joseph Campbell

annette030 responded:
Very interesting, Caprice. It does make sense.

Our newspaper said that as of 10/27/2012 there had been 25 deaths and >300 infections in 18 states related to these tainted steroid shots. Very sad, people getting these injections to relieve horrible pain, and they end up like this.

Take care, Annette

annette030 replied to annette030's response:
A second company is recalling a bunch of its medicines voluntarily. None of them are connected with any infections at all. Apparently it has been talking to the FDA about sterility concerns in its manufacturing methods. I am so glad it is doing this voluntarily ahead of the game with the FDA.

Take care, Annette

annette030 replied to annette030's response:
Sorry, this company's name is Ameridose. They are conducting a voluntary recall of all their products. They do have a phone number to contact if you have products from their company to return.

Take care, Annette

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to annette030's response:
Thank you, Annette, I saw that too when I was away last week and appreciate you posting this here.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
~Joseph Campbell

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

medication
Hi! I hope this finds you feeling better I know finding the right meds are hard. I agree with fentanyl being strong...have they ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 8 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.