Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Torn rotator cuff
mayborn posted:
Saw my Dr. yesterday and had EMG done. Good news, only minor problems in wrist, no nerve problems with the shoulder. Bad news, I reached for something this am and now my shoulder hurts worse. Dr. wants me to continue doing pt, but I've been dealing with this now since July and am very tired of being in pain and being unable to do my normal activities. I am considering simply asking the Dr. about doing the surgery. I know I will need to do pt afterwards, and believe me, I'm willing to do the work!! Just really want to deal with the torn tendons and be able to continue on with my life.
I have torn 2 tendons in my ankle before, and those did not heal without surgery. Also, as a Type ! diabetic, I simply don't heal quickly anyway.
Anyone have any thoughts?

David Maine, MD responded:
Thanks for your post. If you have attempted and adequate course conservative treatment and your pain or disability from the injury persist then surgery may be appropriate. I would discuss this with you surgeon. Best of luck!

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

really determined.
cant wait to get off all my pain meds; the stigma of a DRUGuser is almost as bad as the pain.NO ONE beleives you are really hurting.plus ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.