Skip to content
Still itching
An_248742 posted:
Thank you for all these warm replies. I DID find the ABC 20/20 program content and read it fully.

My shrink did prescribe something to temper my extreme acute drug withdrawal. It helps a little but the withdrawal effects are totally horrendous. And would you please try to imagine an arthritic cripple with NO pain medication? With additional pain from the withdrawal?My doc calls this a severe narcotic allergy and I will have to be on a non-narcoic painkiller. I have never heard of such a thing. What am I going to get? Asprin?

davedsel57 responded:
Hello again.

I am very glad you are getting this treated and taken care of.

I have severe osteoarthritis in my spine plus everywhere else. I have pretty good success with enteric coated aspirin. It dissolves in the in intestine so most people do not get stomach problems. My mother took this also and she was actually allergic to aspirin but was able to get relief without side affects. I also take a prescription muscle relaxer for my chronic pain. I am also very allergic to all narcotic pain medication, getting a serious case of hives every time I have tried.

I hope you can get the pain relief you need.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

An_248742 replied to davedsel57's response:
Dave,

Thank you for support. The other people too. I reached the end of my rope yesterday and am being committed to a mental hospital where they do pain stuff too.

I reaslly have very little hope any more. The pain vecame too much for words to describe.

Thank you all!

davedsel57 replied to An_248742's response:
I am sorry to read of your struggles and hope you can get the treatment and healing you need.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

ed_1945 replied to davedsel57's response:
My blessings to you too.

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

how do you live with chronic pain
how do you live with pain everyday More
Was this Helpful?
42 of 64 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.