Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Oxycodone
Brandonswife99 posted:
I'm a 35 year old with a neurological disease and I live in extreme pain..I recently lost some of my medication and I cannot see my doctor until the 15th which is 8 days away... I've never been without pain medication since I started taking it about 6 years ago...I'm on oxycodone right now but before that it was tramadol..the tramadol was my savior for about 5 years then it just lost its affect on me..I started on the oxycodone about a year ago and it still works wonders for my pain but I've not missed a dose since I started it..I'm terrified because I have to be off of it for 8 days the doctor will not see me anytime before my 30 day mark ..does anyone have any advice on how I should handle this withdraw or anything that will comfort me during this week of hell (

Brandonswife99 responded:
Will someone help me..

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Brandonswife,

Can you see your primary doctor to at least help you through this period?
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
~Joseph Campbell

buffyspain2012 responded:
The only thing that will give some relief ( I believe) is a warm to hot shower and exercise if possible. Something like walking on a treadmill, riding a stationary bike etc. You need your endorphins to speed up and exercise is great for this. I am in chronic pain but don't like to always have to take medication. Due to injury, I am only able to do the treadmill 10 - 15 min at low impact at a time. It does help.

smann68 responded:
Sometimes, depending on the pain level, I watch tv to get my mind off it. if you can get totally involved in something else to take your mind off of it, that might help. heating pad might help. also, your family dr. might be able to give you something just to take the edge off until you see your pm dr.

hoping your week of hell goes by as quickly as possible!

77grace responded:
Hi,
Well I just tried to post a letter to you but,it would not go through,so this will be short!!!I have had medication stolen and just told the office it was Urgent,explain your situation and see if you can get in eary,I would be shocked if they said No!But you must explain about the lost Meds!How in the world did you lose it??Anyway,I have been in a very simalar situation and they did see me and after that they kept an Eye on me !But it was worth it!If you don't try you'll never know!
Best of Luck,77grace

77grace responded:
Hi and Welcome to our site!!
I am sorry to hear about your problem,I never lost my medication but I have taken more than I should because my pain is out of control and I have taken an extra pill here and there!So,I have run out early!It is no fun at all!!
Is that the only pain medication you have???If you have any tramadol left take it and it will help with the withdrawels!
Otherwise off hand I don't know of anything else!I'm sure you signed a contract with your DR. and can't see anyone else???
So,just hang in there , many of us have had problems like that!
77grace

ctbeth responded:
Hi Brandon's wife 99,

Even if your MD will absolutely not write a prescription for your lost meds, maybe he/ she will let you have something to help ease he withdrawal symptoms.

Now I see that your discussion opened 5 days ago.

How are you? Did you tell your MD?

I hope you're okay,

CTB

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Every Chronic Pain Patient Needs to READ THIS!!!
There is a group of thirty seven Doctors, Companies. and Researchers that are petitioning the FDA to change the labels on Opiates so that ... More
Was this Helpful?
44 of 49 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.