Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Looking Around
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
Lift your eyes up from the computer screen for a moment and look around the room you're in or out the closest window. I hope you'll describe your surroundings so we can all share in it.

(And have you voted yet today?)
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
~Joseph Campbell

davedsel57 responded:
Hello.

No, we have not voted yet. My wife and eldest son are ill with cough, runny nose, etc. Youngest is just getting over this. I am OK and being the nurse today.

I was going to type out a description, but as they say a picture is worth 1,000 words. So, here is my view of our living room from my recliner: Yes, those are my toes peeking out over the lid of my lap top. Eldest son in opposite corner. Wonderful wife is to my left but not in view.

Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to davedsel57's response:
I love the toes shot! (I take pics like that too, especially if I'm out in nature.) Thanks for sharing your room with us.

I hope your wife and eldest son start feeling better soon and you don't get what they have.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
~Joseph Campbell

smann68 responded:
What a great idea! so, I looked out my office window and what I see are the most beautiful colors! the trees are full of amber orange and tinted yellow leaves with a little green mixed in.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to smann68's response:
It sounds lovely, Smann. I don't know where you live but I'm in the pacific northwest and we've had the most beautiful fall this year (after a long, gorgeous summer). I love the fall colors, though we don't have a lot of reds, more yellows, golds and oranges.
~Joseph Campbell

dfromspencer responded:
Hi, Caprice

Hope you are well, today? If i lift my eyes from the computer, all i see is my huge callendar of harley's. A little to the right, a picture of my two adult kids. To the lft is my apt. door. If i slowly turn to the right, i see my H.D. tv, the stereo beneath, on the tv stand/shelf. Further, and my kitchen is revealed, ugh what a mess. Still turning right, i can see my living room window, and out of that i see the tree in the back yard. The apt. bldg. beyong the tree. Below my window, is an end table filled with flowers, and some pictures of family. Then there is my easy chair with my laptop sitting on it. A heart shaped plant stand beside my easy chair, and next to my couch. Filled with nic-nacks and pictures of family. My couch, above it, some nice pictures. At the far end of my couch, another four tiered plant stand with a candle on the top shelf, nothing below it yet. Then we come to the door. The end! LOL

I hope you enjoyed the tour? I don't think i mentioned the computer desk, with the keyboard, mouse, printer, and light? This is where i sit most of the time, in my comfy office chair. Beside my desk, is my two drawer filling cabinet, on top of it, are two indian figurines, and my digital camera. There, that completes it. LOL

My son lived in Puyollup, Wa. for quite some time, and loved every minute of it. Are you close to that, washington, i mean?

Have a great day, Caprice!
Dennis

dfromspencer replied to dfromspencer's response:
P.S. No, I was too busy to vote. But the right guy won! I hope?
See ya next time!
D.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to dfromspencer's response:
Yes, I did enjoy the tour, Dennis, thanks! And I love that you have flowers in your place.

I live north of your son, in British Columbia.
~Joseph Campbell

dfromspencer replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hi, Caprice

Hey, thats awsome! But my son doesn't live there anymore, his ex-wife does. My son lives in Denver, Co. with his new girlfriend. My daughter, she lives in Colo. Spgs., Co. And i'm stranded in Iowa. Ugh! I hate the winters here! Maybe i should move south, or west, back to sunny California? Naw, too expensive! LOL

Take care, Caprice. Until next time.
Dennis

dfromspencer replied to dfromspencer's response:
Ooh, i forgot. Flowers are beautiful in their own right. I like the fact that, they help clean out your home, of that dreaded carbon monoxide. So, that is a win-win! LOL

D.

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Coping Technic: Rhythm
Often the treasured Holiday Music by the time the Holiday arrives is 4 ME considered a headache...some how there is always someone in MY ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 5 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.