Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Penicillin injection to sciatic
Arashk posted:
Hi
Yesterday, one of my freinds had a pnicillin injection and his complaining about having pain in injection site.it's the first time for him to have a pain after injection that doesn't go away after 24 hours and he thinks maybe his sciatic nerve is damaged.
the pain is only around the injection site and get worse by put pressure on it (for example by touching or sitting on it).he can easily moves his leg,figers and hip.
so,to assure him, i want to know the symptoms of sciatic damage in IM injection like penicillin.
how's the pain quality?where will it be feeled?how does it affect legs?and other things like this.
Thank you

davedsel57 responded:
Hello.

I have never heard of this procedure. This is for spinal pain? You are sure it is penicillin and not a steroid?

The best source for answers is the doctor that performed the procedure. Your friend needs to call them and discuss this.

For symptoms of sciatic damage, search the internet for "sciatica" or "sciatic damage". You will get many hits and find websites that offer great information about spinal problems and treatments.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

want to know if anyone has gone threw the pain im having
got a bulgin disc between c5 c6 pain goes form my neck all down my spain threw my back... the lower part of my back is swollen.... have ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.