Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pain Doctor help
buffyspain2012 posted:
Hello...I live in Delaware County near Philadelphia and need to switch Pain docs. My doctor suddenly left the practice and now I see a PA because the other doc is full. Prior to his leaving we discussed me possibly switching locations because they are an hour away from my home and I can no longer drive that far due to my back and leg. I went on line to try and find one close to me and found a disaster office where I waited 2 hours in lobby, then he walked in my room ( I apparently was in the room that held supplies also) on an ear piece talking then walked out. When he came in I handed him the letter I had my current practice type that tells him Ive been in treatment 3 years, what medications I am on and the procedures I've had. He says oh they probably did the spinal stimulator in the wrong spot and I don't treat with these medications. Told me I would have to try somewhere else. Okay... so that's $40 out the window and still searching. Ive just started calling around to see if a doctor treats with the same medications and it is not productive yet. I take a muscle relaxer as needed zanaflex, and break through pain medicine as well as oxycontin. Is anyone aware of doctors excepting Cigna in the surrounding areas that are able to treat with those medications? I am pretty close to Bala Cynwyd, Philadelphia, Upper Darby.

Thanks

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

how do you live with chronic pain
how do you live with pain everyday More
Was this Helpful?
40 of 62 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.