Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
over the counter Non Anti-imflammatory pain medican
kmoody posted:
I have Fibromyalgia, Hypomobility Syndrome, Chronic Migraines and more. I can not take any type of anti-imflammatory. My hand full of doctor's will not given me any prescription pain meds on a regular regiment . They say it's do to my age so I can only take tylenol. I take way way way to much I know, but I don't know of anything els I can take and my doctor said their is nothing. I no longer have health insurance do to being let go at work because of my health problems.. Does anyone know of anything?

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Kmoody,

You mention your age but don't say what that is. Are you young? Old? It may help others respond if they know.

Aside from medications, what else are you doing to help you cope with the pain?
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
~Joseph Campbell

kmoody replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hello Joseph,
Thank you for the reply and letting me know I need to add more info. I'm a young 33 I was diagnosed With Fibro on my 22nd birthday. I am supposed to be taking Lyrica 75mg 2 times a day but I can't afford it right now. So I use heating pads, ice packs and Tylenol. I think I have tryed just about every drug on the market for my Fibro. So far no migraine meds have worked for me. Nothing is strong enough and things that are just cause more migraines. I have mulitable migraines at one time and I even loose my sight. I feel lick I'm going blind and my eyes hurt so bad all I can do is scream. I also put cold compreese on my eyes up to 10-15 minutes at a time. This past December I was told by an ophthalmolgist at Shands I would probley loose my sight before they get to the bottom of my migraines.I also may have had a sm. strock on Feb.13th of this yr. one of my doctors say thats still in the air. I try to walk every week as much as I can without over doing it and for some reason walking trigers some of my migraines sometimes.I try to live stress free as much as I can.I can no longer work do to my health problems so I had to unfortunately filed for SSI ,

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

how do you live with chronic pain
how do you live with pain everyday More
Was this Helpful?
40 of 62 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.