Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Itching cont.
An_248742 posted:
Well it happened -- rushed to detox ward onmoday and dried out even though I never abused drugs ever.

My doc had a theory that I was allergic to all narcotics> As the methadonIy may be a while before this clars up.

Being allergic to narcotics has made my like a lot worse as my pain is a level of 10 and there is not much I can do.
my docwanted me on cymbalta but my drug store wanTs, and believe it!, $875 for a months prescription with my drug insurance.

What the **** is this about it? My pain is at 10 and That bottle will take my whole SS check. NO CAN DO!

Anon_57995 responded:
You can ask your doctor if he'll prescribe something similar to Lyrica, but with a generic.

Generics generally cost far-less than band name meds, such as Lyrica.

annette030 responded:
Itching is either a side effect, or an allergic reaction to opioids, your body doesn't know if you were taking them legally or illegally. Use or abuse doesn't really matter in this case. I hope you are feeling better by now.

Take care, Annette

ed_1945 replied to annette030's response:
Thank yo, Annette. You've hit the nail on the head completely. The itching is fading but the rheumatoid arthritis lives on.

"Look Ma! No Opiates!"

Still a little too much trouble here, but thank you.

annette030 replied to ed_1945's response:
I hope you are feeling better.

From what I have read in my drug book, allergic reactions usually have hives (an allergic rash), along with the itching, but opioid side effects have itching, but NO hives.

It is very important for the doctor to know the difference.

Take care, Annette

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

how do you live with chronic pain
how do you live with pain everyday More
Was this Helpful?
40 of 62 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.