Skip to content
Please Help In a bind about Fentanyl Patch
An_246190 posted:
Hello,
I REALLY need advice, what I thought was a friend of mine stole my Fentanyl patches that I use for severe issues, now I do not have any and over two weeks to go. I am at a pain management Dr. and his rules are unbelievably strict and rightfully so. He absolutely will not rewrite the script and if I ask him he will drop me as a patient. I don't know what to do and I am so upset right now. How can I get them refilled or am I stuck to withdrawal on my own?? PLEASE help any ideas.

SonRo responded:
You must contact law enforcement and file a police report. Take a copy to your doctor. He/she may be willing to work with you, but most won't. Always file a police report when your meds are stolen. If he drug tests you and you don't have that in your system he may drop you if you have a contract with him unless you file a police report.

ctbeth replied to SonRo's response:
Hi SonRo,

A few years ago I also used the Fentanyl patches.

I kept them in the bottom of a lock box along with som expensive jewellery.

The box was stolen. I filed a police report and the police contacted my pain management MD. My PM is based at a hospital and they have their own pharmacy. I was given the number stolen, which was three.

A few months later, the patches were sent to my bf's house (from where the box was stolen) in an un-marked envelope.

At first, I was just going to keep them in the lock box as emergency meds. After a few days, I did the right thing and notified my MD.

I did not get my jewellery returned. I guess whomever stole my box wasn't an addict- just a thief.

Somewhere in this site, a few years back, I wrote about it.

Please let us know what happens, okay?

CTB

cweinbl responded:
SonRo is right. File a police report and take a copy to the doctor's office. Most physicians will give you the benefit of doubt once or twice. After that, expect no mercy.
cweinbl
csw2@bex.net

GodwUs responded:
Greetings,
Man it is a bad feeling when you don't know how your going to control you pain without losing it and then the withdrawl, Thats why I am on Butrans Patch very strong hardly any side efects and NO Withdrawl...yep it's the best thing out their. Well we got robbed and they took mine, I got a police report and took it to my clinic. If this is the first time it happend, and you have been a decent patient you should have no problem. If you go into a walk in clinic and tell them you need some pain meds to get you through until your next appointment, but if you signed a contract that won't work. I have a friend that only in a bind she aalways has Perks or Vicoden until I get a refil.

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

medication
Hi! I hope this finds you feeling better I know finding the right meds are hard. I agree with fentanyl being strong...have they ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.