Skip to content
breast pain
Coopersmith posted:
Im a male and I have had breast pain in both of my breast for a while now. I went to the doctors and they didnt find anything out of the normal with my breast, I was wondering if maybe a bra would help my pain, I know thats a weird question but if it works why not right. I hope that I dont creep anyone out with this question.
davedsel57 responded:

What type of testing was performed? If you still are having this pain, I would continue to pursue a reason and solution with your doctor or find one that will help.

I suppose wearing a bra could help. I believe you can search the internet for ones designed for men to use in cases such as this.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.


davedsel57 replied to davedsel57's response:
I just had one further thought. They make compression t-shirts and tank tops for men that are like body shapers. sells them, as other sources. Something like that may help you as well.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.


annette030 replied to davedsel57's response:
A compression tank top sounds like a better deal to me, something to try anyhow.

As a woman, let me tell you that a bra never kept me from having pain.

Talk to your doctor please. Pain is not normal in the breast area, it would be better to find out what is causing it, than try something to just treat the pain, rather than the cause.

Take care, Annette

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.