Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
SCS pain at battery site?
kimk592 posted:
I have a scs had it for about 5 years, I don't use it due to my leads have pulled out therefore, I don't even keep the battery charged (already had multiple lead revisions) anyways at my battery site, I am starting to have pain, it almost feels like the muscles around it are cramping or being pulled... Has anyone experienced this before? I don't have a PM doctor anymore (mine was killed in a plane crash) So not sure what to do.

ctbeth responded:
Hi Kim,

If you no longer use the SCS, the battery should be removed.

I have an SCS and am quite happy with it. I have no sensation where the battery is implanted, so it does not bother me.

Since your leads/ paddle is not implanted, the battery is not doing you any good.

I would think that removal would be a minor procedure as it is quite close to the surface.

Best of luck.

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

how do you live with chronic pain
how do you live with pain everyday More
Was this Helpful?
40 of 62 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.