Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
update and fent patch. Happy Holidays...
HighnLoLita posted:
Where should I start?? Well it has been a lil while since I posted on here and I sure missed all of your support. I went to the pain management that I last spoke of, one month after my birthday and I had thc in my system (from my birthday) The Dr was very disappointed in me but, let me come back in another month. Guess what, two months after my one time only smoke, I still had thc in my system. So needless to say the dr decided, I would not be a reliable patient and he understandably denied me care. The thing I don't understand is how was it still in my system two months later. Mind you, I don't smoke and I have not had any dirty test prior.

So while all this was going on I went to see a neurosurgeon about my neck. At the first visit, he looked over my mri's and possitively told me that he could fix me. So I had a new mri of my neck which had a new bulging disc and some other stuff. I met with him again and he told me that he could do the surgery BUT, he was concerned that I have a family history of stroke and heart attack and I was at risk for stroke and heart attack, so he said I might not make it through surgery at all. Then in his waiting room I talked to one of his patients that had a horrific scar (the dr did mention scarring as well) on the front part of her neck and she explained that the surgery did nothing for her pain. Well I decided to opt out of surgery for now...

Then I got very depressed ultimately ending up in the psych ward. I was there for 12 days. I was an og case, in that they had to treat my pain afterall I was depressed because of the pain. I demanded that they not send me home until I had some support for my pain. In the hospital they only gave me vicodin, neurontin, lyrica, naproxen and all of my bipolar, depression meds but, what they did do is hook me up with this organization that comes to my house. Aside from my home health care nurse, I now have a nurse that comes 3 times a week, pt and a social worker. My nurse called my Dr's office requesting me to have fentynal patch and my Norcos while they treat me here at home.

I went to my Dr's appointment yesterday and I forgot to mention the Pain Management's discovery of thc in my system and my Dr reminded me. Ha snitches lol. Anyways she was as nice and thourough as ever and she gave me my scripts and sent me on my way. I finally got my Norcos back but, I am so muscle spasmed out that they are not working. The pharmacy has to order the patches so, I may have to wait until after the holidays.

It feels good because, I feel like I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I will start Physical Therapy next week should all go well with the new med combo. I am getting 75mcgs fentynal patch and Norco. My dr and I were trying to figure out if I should continue the lyrica for nerve pain. And I was just wondering what to expect ie experience with side effects and was this a good point to start with the fent patch...

I'm hoping everyone will enjoy Thanks Giving this week! Lita
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. - Maya Angelou.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Lita and welcome back,

I'm glad you're getting some good support now. Regarding the Lyrica, every person is different but you can put 'Lyrica' in the search field above to find information on it which includes member reviews.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
~Joseph Campbell

ctbeth responded:
Hello my friend,

I want to wish you a happy holiday.

I'll "catch up" with you on Facebook, ok.

xoxo Beth xoxo

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

Every Chronic Pain Patient Needs to READ THIS!!!
There is a group of thirty seven Doctors, Companies. and Researchers that are petitioning the FDA to change the labels on Opiates so that ... More
Was this Helpful?
44 of 49 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.