Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Fibromyalagia/Depression/Pain
allinmyhead posted:
Does anyone have any suggestions for dealing with these three conditions? I take Naproxen and 2700 mg Gabapentin for the Fibro and pain which are not working. The Naproxen is wearing on my stomach and the Gabapentin is making me incredibly sleeping, dizzy and stupid. For depression I take 40 mg Citalopram, 200mgs Topiramate,, 200mgs Bupropion and 2 mgs Lorazepam. I have tried Efexor and did not help. It seems due to my mental health issues that most doctors think that I am "faking" or "making up" my pain. I have pain in many different areas and it is hard for me to describe. I find it very hard to be taken seriously. I just want to have less pain. I know that the constant pain wears on my mind and brings me down and makes me depressed. Any suggestions to be more communicative to the medical doctors?

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Allinmyhead and welcome to WebMD,

While you're waiting for responses here, I encourage you to also post on our Fibromyalgia Community . You're not alone in dealing with both these conditions and you will find a lot of support there.

You also may want to visit our Depression Community .
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
~Joseph Campbell

ctbeth responded:
Hi Allin~

I hope you had a nice holiday.

You may have done this already, but it's an idea that has helped others:

Could you keep a "pain diary"? Each day, write your pain number (0= no pain to 10= the worst pain imaginable, like being burnt on the stake pain; this pain would make a human being unconscious)

You could add any other information that could help your MD understand, for example- activity that makes things worse, what you try to help the pain, activities that make you feel better, places and events that you've missed because of your pain.

You may also discover some things that you may not have realised about your pain.

What do you think?

CTB

SmallTownGirl responded:
have a grandmother who has it and i think she is taken Lyrica...i have seen commericals of Lyrica and i may not have Fibro, but i suggest asking your doctor about it...p.s. i am not a doctor but i do think that all thoughts count whether you are a doctor not...i am serverely depressed and i take Celexa and my father thinks i am faking it...yet test have proven it...i hope i helped

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

how do you live with chronic pain
how do you live with pain everyday More
Was this Helpful?
40 of 62 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.