Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Comprehensive pain management is desperately needed
Liecha posted:
I am looking for a comprehensive pain treatment center near Upstate NY. The patient has PTSD, migraines and arthritic pain. She has had a right hip replaced and it was a miracle for 6 weeks she had no pain! Then, it came back with a vengeance. I am afraid that if we don't do something then she is just going to die. Her doctor wants to put her in drug rehab-I believe that she is pseudodependent and not a true addict as she doesn't take it haphazzardly. I know she needs to have the PTSD worked on, but she is in such pain. She has 2 torn rotator cuffs that she got with disuse. One pain center in Binghamton told her she was too challenging and they couldn't help her, At least they were honest. Does anyone know of a clinic that treats psych illness as well as pain and all its components?

ctbeth responded:
Dear Liecha,

We are not allowed to recommend, or even make mention, of doctor's names here.

If her pain was gone from the hip replacement surgery, she should begin my seeing the surgeon who performed the surgery.

If she had no pain for six weeks post-op, and it, "came back with a vengeance", there may be something not-quite-right going on.

At six-weeks post-op, pain that subsided should not be returning in this way.

I hope that you find what you're seeking.

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

want to know if anyone has gone threw the pain im having
got a bulgin disc between c5 c6 pain goes form my neck all down my spain threw my back... the lower part of my back is swollen.... have ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.