Skip to content
Checking In
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
How was your Thanksgiving?

Did you take advantage of any of the after-Thanksgiving sales - online or otherwise?

How are you doing/feeling?

With the holidays upon us, what are your concerns when it comes to managing your pain?
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
~Joseph Campbell

davedsel57 responded:
Hello, everyone.

Our Thanksgiving was very nice. It turned out to be just the immediate family - my wife, both young adult sons and me. We went to a very nice Greek restaurant and had ribeye steaks. Yesterday we decided to go to Friendly's and had their turkey dinner that was very good.

I did some on-line shopping last week and ordered a Tabled PC for my wonderful wife. She is loving it. After our dinner on Thanksgiving day we dropped the sons home and got them each a GPS for their cars at Dollar General. Just came back from taking our youngest son to the Verizon store and got him an iPhone. We will pay to have a remote starter put in our eldest sons Smartcar soon. On Christmas morning we will be opening small presents such as gloves, socks, underwear etc.

We try to keep our holidays fairly simple and to not make our chronic pain any worse. My wife had a back injury at work and has recently been deemed by her doctors at 100% disabled. None of the treatments have given her much lasting relief and working was getting terrible for her pain.

I would love to be able to bake cookies like my mother did. She started right after Halloween and bakes so many different kinds. I have all her cookie cutters and baking sheets, but don't think I could do it. Even if I could, they would still not me my mother's cookies if you understand what I mean. She passed away in September 2000 and loved the holidays.

Wishing everyone a very healthy and happy Holiday Season.

Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to davedsel57's response:
All the gifts you got for your family are right up my alley, Dave.

I'm sorry to hear about how your wife is doing. What always impresses me, when you share stories here, is how you both have a full life with your family despite the pain you both bear.

I know what you mean about those cookies. Nice memories though.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
~Joseph Campbell

smann68 responded:
I had a good Thanksgiving even though I was sick and in pain. For me, it's mostly just my mom & 21 yr old son. We will all get together at my brother & his wife's house this year at Christmas. It's always such a pleasure to be with my son. He's got a very busy life with work, school & friends that I don't get to see him as much as I would like. I'm very thankful that he has a full life though. My main concern for the holidays is as usual, I'm afraid that I'll overdo. I haven't had a painfree day in 10 yrs so I've learned to stay calm & carry on. Nevertheless, it's a real upper just to be with the family.

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas & Happy New year!! Most of all, as pain free as possible!!!

Gentle hugs!

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

medication
Hi! I hope this finds you feeling better I know finding the right meds are hard. I agree with fentanyl being strong...have they ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.