Trigeminal Neuralgia
An_249202 posted:
What is the best treatment for Trigeminal Neuralgia. I also have fibromyalgia so I'm taking Neurontin at night,,,900mg. If I take Neurontin during the day I'm very sleepy. Is there something I can take that doesn't cause drowsiness.? Thank you very much for your help.

davedsel57 responded:
Hello.

Here is a link to the WebMD Trigeminal Neuralgia Directory: http://www.webmd.com/brain/trigeminal-neuralgia-directory

Reading through that should answer your questions.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

An_249202 responded:
Thank you so much Dave. I'll go to that board now and see what I can find out about TN .I'm sure there will be lots of helpful information.

annette030 responded:
I also take neurontin, 800 mg. once a day in the evening. It works fine that way. I was scared of the sedation like side effects, so my doctor prescribed it all in one dose, once a day. She has had other patients who use it that way with good results.

I think you just need to try different things during the day to see what works without causing sleepiness.

Take care, Annette

panze32 replied to annette030's response:
Thanks for your reply Annette. I am taking 900mg at night for sleep and for fibro. pain. But now I need to take something for Trigeminal Neuralgia. My Dr is considering Tegratol.

annette030 replied to panze32's response:
Many of the anti-seizure meds help with these kinds of things. Tegratol is one of them.

Both FMS and TN are neurological problems, please don't get hung up on taking a med for one diagnosis, it might work for more than one. You will be the lucky one!!!

Take care, Annette