Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    joehandy2 posted:
    I've been a patient of my pain management doctor for six years aand is retiring in December. I am absolutely terrified. I'm not sure where to turn. My dr. says with my back condition (extreme scoliosis, among other things) I'll have no problem finding a replacement. But I have so far. Does anyone have any suggestions/ideas for me? I really am scared to death. I take quite a lot of medications and am worried I'll find a dr. that will prescribe what I've been getting monthly for six years. Please. Somebody. Help me out here.
    Thank You...
    Joseph Perry
    davedsel57 responded:

    Since this is already December I would hope you have started to search for a new doctor. Can you talk to your pain management doctor and ask him to recommend a few other specialists that could help you? He should know other pain management specialists in your area and know which one(s) could help you.

    I'm sure you have made sure your scripts are all current and any that are eligible have enough refills to carry you through until you find another doctor.

    Good luck in your search.
    Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.


    _swank_ responded:
    Your doctor should give you suggestions on who to see. Beyond that all you can do is call around. When one of my doctors left town he told me where he thought I should go.
    77grace responded:
    Hello and Welcome,
    I think it might help if you had a referal from the Dr. that you have now!!!It sounds like you have a good relationship with him! Would he be willing to give you script you can use after you leave him!
    Take records with you Its really important and MRI'S or things like that!!!The more you have the better for the new Dr.!!!
    I also have Scoliosis and I'm pretty sure it has gotten worse because my pain has gotten worse and in a much larger location!!!
    God be with you,77grace

    Featuring Experts

    Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.