Unexplained pain on right side! I'm SO DESPERATE!!
dolld posted:
I started having sharp stabbing pains about 4 months ago on my right side, It feels as if it's under my rib cage. I also became short of breath, as if something is sitting on my chest. So I went to the emergency room because non of my pain meds were working. At the time I was taking Nucynta,& Tizinidine. I was also feeling full after eating small amounts of food, I've lost weight about 15lbs no dieting. My doctor had me complete a series of tests which included: A lower abdominal CT scan with dye, Pulmonary tests, heart tests (ekg & stress), chest X-rays, an ultra sound done on my bladder and kidneys, all NEGATIVE. I am a disabled veteran with degenerative disc disease in 3 areas. But my spinal cord stimulator helps with that. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, bone spurs in my neck, and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. So I know pain, I live with it daily. The hospital thought it was Serotonin Syndrome because Pristiq , which I take for depression conflicted with the high dose of Nucynta. So I was switched to a new medication called Opana for pain which does't help much. I was finally told it could be muscular skeletal pain, and given 500 mg of Naproxen twice a day,to take in addition to the Opana still no relief. My muscle relaxer,Tizinidine 4mg just makes me sleepy. Any ideal what this could be? This pain is too much! I tried to have myself admitted to the psych ward, SERIOUSLY, but they said I wasn't crazy. But this pain is OVERWHELMING! I'm hurting right now, but after 3 trips to the ER, just to be sent home is crazy!! Anybody out there with ANY suggestions please offer! Thanks!

DaniNoelle responded:
What you are / have been going through sounds very familiar. A little background on me, I had a spinal fusion years ago and well have been on pain meds though the years. Out of nowhere 2 years ago I started having pain in my abdomin as well, it took several scans and trials on this med or that med, nothing worked. I couldn't eat because everytime I consumed anything (including a drink of water) it would be excruciating, I went down to 114 lbs, (I'm 5'7", I was so thin I looked like skin on bone). Well I finally went to a gastroenterologist and had a colonoscopy, nothing showed up on that, but then an endoscopy, they found that I had 2 ulcers, I was put on a new drug that actually started healing them and within a week I was able to eat again. I hope that this helps as somewhere new to start.

dolld replied to ctbeth's response:
Hi CTB,
I just wanted to take the time to say " Thank You " for responding to my questions. So far, still no diagnosis. I even tried to sign myself into the psych ward!! I've been so desperate. But I'm still hanging in and praying for healing! Again, thank you for caring.

Doll

dolld replied to annette030's response:
Thank you Annette! I'm trying to stay positive.

Doll

dolld replied to DaniNoelle's response:
Hi DaniNoelle,

I read your response and insisted on having an endoscope, but unfortunately, or fortunately, it came back NEGATIVE! So, onto the next test! But thank you for responding and listening.
Doll