Skip to content
Kneecap Pain
JTCooper4 posted:
I injured my knee skateboarding 5 months ago. I hit the middle of my kneecap on the edge of a box while trying to ollie nose manual. At first it didn't hurt and I sat down for about 5 minutes, when I got back up it hurt to walk on it so I went home. When I got home I got out of the car and my knee was hurting even worse and I started limping. The next day I couldn't even walk and went to the doctors for it 2 days later. He told me it was only bruised and I should be fine and wanted me to check in 3 weeks later. It got better but I still had pain in it and my doctor told me that the pain will disappear in about month. Ever since the pain never disappeared but it got better. To this day it hurts to stretch my leg out straight. I can stand on it alone but when I try to bend down the pain is to much. I can still skate and it hurts at first but, when I get warmed up its like I never injured my knee but, if i sit down for more then 5 minutes my knee hurts again until I start skating. [br>[br>What I want to know is why does my knee hurt to stretch it out but I can skate just fine as long as I don't take a break for to long. Also what should I do? My doctor just tells me its bruised and its nothing more. Please help i'm tired of the pain.[br>[br>I know the logical reason "stop skateboarding" but I don't want to. I am a type 1 diabetic and skateboarding helps keep my blood sugars under control. Yeah I could do something else instead of skateboarding but I enjoy it to much to just give it up.

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

Every Chronic Pain Patient Needs to READ THIS!!!
There is a group of thirty seven Doctors, Companies. and Researchers that are petitioning the FDA to change the labels on Opiates so that ... More
Was this Helpful?
45 of 50 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.