Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
DEPRESSION AND PAIN
terrye posted:
I AM WONDERING IF THE PAIN COMMUNITY COULD ADD SOME THOUGHTS ON DEPRESSION AND CHRONIC PAIN.
I AM TRYING TO DETERMINE IF MY LOWER BACK CHRONIC PAIN PROBLEMS ARE CAUSING ME TO BE DEPRESSED.
I AM NORMALLY A PRETTY "UP" GUY,BUT I AM FINDING THAT I FIT ALL THE PARAMETERS LISTED FOR DEPRESSION.

I DO ALL THE RIGHT THINGS LISTED TO FIGHT DEPRESSION;DIET,EXERCISE,DON'T DRINK,ETC..SO IT IS NOT THAT.
THERE ARE OTHER FACTORS,THAT MAY NEED TO BE CONSIDERED,SUCH AS MY STATION IN LIFE.
THOUGH I HAD A VERY SUCCESSFUL CARRIER,I NOW FIND MYSELF AT 72,LIVING IN AN APARTMENT ON SOCIAL SECURITY.

davedsel57 responded:
Hello, Terrye, and welcome.

Many of us with chronic pain suffer from depression. It is vital to keep a positive attitude.

If you feel you have symptoms of depression, your best course of action would be to discuss this with your doctor asap. You may need medication and therapy to help you deal with situations in your life and to treat the depression. Do not be embarrassed or hesitant to discuss this with your doctor.

I pray you can get help from your doctor with this soon.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Coping Technic: Rhythm
Often the treasured Holiday Music by the time the Holiday arrives is 4 ME considered a headache...some how there is always someone in MY ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 5 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.