Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Wife having tingling and numbness in her hands
    Robert0917 posted:

    Posting a question for my wife.

    Not sure if this is the proper forum but it's the closest I could find!

    She is having tingling and numbness in her hands, mostly during the night (it is waking her up) and in the morning.

    "It seems better when I am getting exercise (walking). I sometimes have the symptoms when I am using a computer mouse. I also have been doing repetitive lab work for years but most of my pipettes/equipment are ergonomically designed and I don't usually have the symptoms while I am pipetting. I do have symptoms sometimes if I am twisting off test tube caps with one hand."

    Just wondering if someone can pass along some ideas.

    Thank you!
    davedsel57 responded:

    The best idea we can pass along as that your wife needs to discuss this with her doctor. There are a number of conditions that could be causing these symptoms such as problems with discs in her neck or carpal tunnel syndrome. Only her doctor can evaluate her and treat her effectively.
    Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.


    Robert0917 replied to davedsel57's response:
    Sorry, should have added we can bypass our Family doctor with personal choice so she would like to know what type of specialist to start with?
    davedsel57 replied to Robert0917's response:
    Your family doctor is the best one to determine which type of specialist to see after examining your wife. One of the Health Experts assigned to this WebMD Pain Management community may reply and offer their opinion. Most of us are not doctors and would not be able to accurately make that determination from your post.
    Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.



    Featuring Experts

    Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.