Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Haven't been posting much
foreversore posted:
Hey all. I haven't been posting much in either of my communities. A lot of it has to do with stress, anxiety, depression and uncontrolled pain. This holiday season is rough for many reasons. I have a hard time dealing with all of the violence in the world and there has been a lot of it lately both here and abroad. I still have also not accepted the "new me". It's been over 3 years and I can't get it to sink in that I will never be "normal" again. My husband and I have been struggling financially for a few years and he got a new job last month (after a year of unemployment and 3 years for me) so we thought our prayers had been answered well 2 weeks ago his boss decided she didn't want to work again until after the holidays so the 2 weeks pay we were going to use for Christmas...gone. So now we are scrambling to provide Christmas gifts to our 3 younger children (9,10,11 yr olds) the 2 older girls (both 18) are happy to get theirs late. We haven't given up on our Christmas miracle happening but time is growing short. i am doing my best to not sink completely into despair because I know that will just make things worse. I really think this is a medication issue that I need to get fixed. My pain is completely uncontrolled as is my anxiety and I don't think my anti depressant is working well either. I have been in crunch situations like this before and didn't feel this low so it has to be the meds. I am hoping to get in to my doctor soon. It would help if I wasn't so exhausted/groggy/confused when his office is open so I can call and have a coherent conversation to obtain an appointment. I don't know exactly why I am more alert late at night but I have an idea. Noise, light and commotion make my brain go into rapid fire mode causing headache, confusion and anxiety. i don't know what all can be done about that but I will bring it up with my doc when I get in. I will try to check in more even if it is just to say Hi I'm here

ctbeth responded:
Hi forever,

I think your name is Therese, but not sure.

I am glad to hear from you, but sad to read that you're having such a tough time.

Yeah, I don't sleep much at night, either. I just cannot get comfortable with the darned spasms.

I hope that Christmas turns out all right. The younger children are not so little that they cannot understand. Still, I know, it's sad when we cannot do what we want for our children.

I wish that we lived close by so we could just meet up for tea in the middle of the night.

I hope that your MD's office is open on Monday so you can call for an appt.

Please stop by once in a while and let us know how you are.

I hope that your stress level diminishes after Christmas is over.

Please let us know when your MD appt is, too, ok?

I hope that you get your miracle on Christmas.

You deserve it.

Love,

CTB

foreversore replied to ctbeth's response:
Nope Beth I am not a Therese I am a Jenifer. I will try to call tomorrow and if I am in no condition to do so my hubby will do it for me.

davedsel57 responded:
Good to see you again, foreversore. I'll be praying for your financial situation as well as your health concerns. Please keep us updated.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Every Chronic Pain Patient Needs to READ THIS!!!
There is a group of thirty seven Doctors, Companies. and Researchers that are petitioning the FDA to change the labels on Opiates so that ... More
Was this Helpful?
44 of 49 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.