Skip to content
Back / Hip Pain
klav99 posted:
I was hoping someone could help! I am a 35 Year Old Female. For about 2 and a half years now, I have been having pain in my lower back and hio. My ortho sent me for an MRI and he said I had Spondylolisthesis. He treated it with Physical Therapy (which didn't work) and with Pain meds. He retired about a year and a half ago and I can't find someone who will treat me because its a "Chronic Condition. I was finally sent to a pain clinic. The Dr there wants me to have Facet injections and I am so afraid to try that. I have had some cortisone injections that have done nothing. I went back to my Family Practitioner who said it sounds like I could also have a touch of arthritis in my back and hips so she set up an appt for me to see a rhrumatologist. Anyone experience anything like this? It no that I want pain meds but that seems like the only thing that helped. I am in so much pain! When I did have the pain meds I would only take 1/2 a pill at a time instead of a whole one that was prescribed. I haven't asked any Dr for them because they make you feel like your a drug addict! lol Any opinions would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Kristen

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Sleepy
I have been on the same pain medication with no change and all of the sudden I can't stay awake and am losing weight. Has anyone else had ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 13 found this helpful