Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hope211
kimshope posted:
Hello Everyone, Im a38 yaer old woman from Detroit, Mi. I have been suffering with pain and health problems since i was in elementary school. I was diagnosed with Chiari Malformation 1, Cervical Spondylosis and Fibromaygia in 2007. I suffer from leg, feet, arm and face numbness. I also have some degeneration in my spine. I have cyst on my thyroid. I have so many things going and the Doctors attribute my pain to fibromyalgia. I'm not a canidate for surgery for my Chiari because my tonsillar is only 6mm in length. I have been told that Doctors only feel it's nesscessary to do surgery if it is 10 mm or more. I don't if it's me but i know and think having a 4mm difference does not rule out my Chiari as playing a part in my life. I have so many other symtoms but there all blame on fibromyalgia. I don't know what to do , i so very tired of not getting the treatment i deserve. If there is anyone out there that suffer with any of these illnesses, could you please share your stories with me? I truly feel alone with this battle with my body and Doctors.I resentally had a bilateral emg come back with some evidience of something going on. I gues i can find some solance in that. hoping it leads to an answer. I have beent telling doctorss for years that i have problems with my arms and legs. I was told by my rheumetologist that i was depressed. I started therepy and they diagnosed me with depression and a mild form of bi-polarisism. Now i;m crazy, not true! I'm depressed because i'm always dealing with some kind of pain and discomfort. Like i said i ahave been suffering since i was a child! A person trying to find hope and answers!

Take the Poll

Is there anyone out there who can relate?
  • Chiari Malformation !
  • Cervical Spondylosis
  • Fibromyalgia
  • Thyroid Cyst
  • Small Plerual Effusions
vote
View Poll Results

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

want to know if anyone has gone threw the pain im having
got a bulgin disc between c5 c6 pain goes form my neck all down my spain threw my back... the lower part of my back is swollen.... have ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 13 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.