Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    An_249650 posted:
    CHRONIC BACK PAIN-- i dont know what to do anymore. I want to shoot myself in the leg because the pain can not be any worse.i have tried steroid inj. the first course work many years ago, but no help now. I keep on getting very strong meds w/ some help, but the last 3 nights the apin is soooo bad i cry all night. i dont want to go to the emergency room mainlly because i would get treated like a " junkie" not a patient. ANYONE who can help w/ ANY suggestions PLEZ let me know. I told my husband to justshoot my leg off cause it cant hurt worst than that. (Of course, that wont happen). So, if there is any1 with my same situation please let me know what u know & it might help me. If my pain doesnt stop, after new years um goin in the ER....if this pain is still the same or even worse, but i HATE the ER and I really don't want to go there. Thank u

    Take the Poll

    Can someone help me with back pain? i cant sleep, i cant walk, i just lay in bed crying
    • steriod injecions with no help
    • using morphine with no help
    View Poll Results

    Featuring Experts

    Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.