Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Can a Pain Care Doctor Just drop Me
    jrmsr posted:
    HI all any respondance Please I live in Ohio and this Just Happen to me 4 days ago---- Any1, I have Been going to the same Pain Care Dr for over 5 years and He told me this Month would be My Last Because I was on Ohio BWC since 2003 and I Settled this case and now I Pay with a Check that OBWC and SS made Me set up and Put $27500 in for Medical and Meds so SS wouldn't have to Pay for my Pain Meds. He said since I no Longer have Med Insurance He can't see Me at all even tho BWC was paying Him $122 per Month and I Pay Him $175 per month for 5 mins of his TIME and of course my Scribes and He said all the Law Required is for him to give Me a 30 supply of Meds and Im on 3-30mg of Oxys & 2 40mg of Morphine Sulfate so what does all Think about this Please Respond ASAP because I need Help. TYVM
    _swank_ responded:
    I'm not quite sure I understand your message. The shorthand and lack of punctuation makes it difficult to read. But yes, if you're not able to pay the doctor anymore than he can drop you. I don't know any doctor that will treat someone long term if they don't keep paying. He should help you taper off your meds though.
    jrmsr replied to _swank_'s response:
    No it's not that, I do Pay every visit He doesn't want to see Me because I no longer have Insur. I have a specal Checking ACC set up for all Doctors and to Pay for my Meds, He agreed to keep seeing me before I settled my Workers Comp Case But now has chanced his Mind without any warning or Reson.I pay Him $175.00 each time once a Month and when I was on Workers Comp he only got Paid $122. Do you understand now.
    ctbeth replied to jrmsr's response:
    Hi again.

    I replied to your other post with the same information.

    Just for orders sake, it is better to open a discussion just once; that way, all of the replies will be in the same discussion thread.

    It will make it easier for you, and for us, to follow the discussion.
    annette030 replied to jrmsr's response:
    I still do not understand why you pay a doctor $175 a month, do you have to pay him regardless of whether you see him or not? Do you need to see him every month?

    Does he keep his practice informed that he only takes insurance covered cases, is it posted in his waiting room?

    Does he consider you medically stable now that you have settled your case?

    I would use the 30 days worth of meds to taper yourself off if you do not promptly find a new doctor. He does not have to keep treating you, seeing a doctor is a partnership and both parties need to be able to let go if they need to.

    Take care, Annette

    Take care, Annette
    77grace responded:
    I am sorru to see that youi are haveing such a hard time with all of this. Hopefully you will find a new Dr.soon!
    blewssings. 77grace

    Featuring Experts

    Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

    Helpful Tips

    neck/skull pain
    I have exactly the same pain problem from the sound of it. Does it feel like a hot slicing pain in the neck and an irritated nerve running ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 2 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.