Skip to content
Can a Pain Care Doctor Just drop Me
jrmsr posted:
HI all any respondance Please I live in Ohio and this Just Happen to me 4 days ago---- Any1, I have Been going to the same Pain Care Dr for over 5 years and He told me this Month would be My Last Because I was on Ohio BWC since 2003 and I Settled this case and now I Pay with a Check that OBWC and SS made Me set up and Put $27500 in for Medical and Meds so SS wouldn't have to Pay for my Pain Meds. He said since I no Longer have Med Insurance He can't see Me at all even tho BWC was paying Him $122 per Month and I Pay Him $175 per month for 5 mins of his TIME and of course my Scribes and He said all the Law Required is for him to give Me a 30 supply of Meds and Im on 3-30mg of Oxys & 2 40mg of Morphine Sulfate so what does all Think about this Please Respond ASAP because I need Help. TYVM

_swank_ responded:
I'm not quite sure I understand your message. The shorthand and lack of punctuation makes it difficult to read. But yes, if you're not able to pay the doctor anymore than he can drop you. I don't know any doctor that will treat someone long term if they don't keep paying. He should help you taper off your meds though.

jrmsr replied to _swank_'s response:
No it's not that, I do Pay every visit He doesn't want to see Me because I no longer have Insur. I have a specal Checking ACC set up for all Doctors and to Pay for my Meds, He agreed to keep seeing me before I settled my Workers Comp Case But now has chanced his Mind without any warning or Reson.I pay Him $175.00 each time once a Month and when I was on Workers Comp he only got Paid $122. Do you understand now.
TYVM

ctbeth replied to jrmsr's response:
Hi again.

I replied to your other post with the same information.

Just for orders sake, it is better to open a discussion just once; that way, all of the replies will be in the same discussion thread.

It will make it easier for you, and for us, to follow the discussion.

annette030 replied to jrmsr's response:
I still do not understand why you pay a doctor $175 a month, do you have to pay him regardless of whether you see him or not? Do you need to see him every month?

Does he keep his practice informed that he only takes insurance covered cases, is it posted in his waiting room?

Does he consider you medically stable now that you have settled your case?

I would use the 30 days worth of meds to taper yourself off if you do not promptly find a new doctor. He does not have to keep treating you, seeing a doctor is a partnership and both parties need to be able to let go if they need to.

Take care, Annette

Take care, Annette

77grace responded:
I am sorru to see that youi are haveing such a hard time with all of this. Hopefully you will find a new Dr.soon!
blewssings. 77grace

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

Sleepy
I have been on the same pain medication with no change and all of the sudden I can't stay awake and am losing weight. Has anyone else had ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.